This blog post will discuss the real science behind hair growth. Many people are concerned with hair thinning, bald spots, and bad haircuts they desperately need to fix. In hopes of fixing our hair problems we have all tried various hair growth remedies. From hanging upside down, to hair gummies that taste better than store shelf candy, and for some… even onion juice that they saw “might” work thanks to a late-night YouTube video binge. Others even believe that no matter what you do your hair growth is determined by only your genetics and that you are doomed to forever have short hair. 🙄
So, how exactly does hair grow?
Despite whatever your beliefs are, hair growth happens in a very scientific way, commonly known as the hair growth cycle. Understanding the hair growth cycle is the first step towards getting longer. Or finally filling in those balding spots.
To understand the hair growth cycle, we must first understand the structure of our hair. Our hair as a unique biological structure of their own. Each strand of hair is divided into two parts: the hair follicle and the hair shaft.
The hair follicle is the part of the hair that remains in the scalp and holds the upper hair shaft. A hair follicle contains a few more supporting parts:
- The bulb: The bulb is located right under the hair strand and contains active cells needed for hair growth.
- The papilla: Papilla provides blood supply needed for healthy hair growth.
The hair shaft (upper or visible part of the hair) is made up of keratin protein and has a protective layer called the cuticle.
The hair growth cycle:
There are over 100,000 hair strands in our scalp. Each hair strand follows the hair growth cycle, which involves growing from the root to finally shedding the hair. Technically this process is divided into three phases.
- The Anagen phase:
Anagen is the phase of active hair growth. Cells are produced rapidly in the bulb resulting in the steady growth of hair strand. This phase can last 2-7 years, depending on the length of your hair, your age, and your general health.
- The Catagen phase:
In this phase, the hair strand detaches itself from the blood supply and stops growing. This phase lasts only 2-3 weeks. The hair strand in this stage is called club hair.
- The Telogen phase:
The club hair rests in the root in this stage while new hair starts to grow under it. This phase lasts for up to 2-3 months. After three months, the club hair falls, and new hair comes out of the hair follicle. (Side note: That is why we particularly tell people to use our growth oil for 3+ months to start noticing peak results.)
The Important Part: So how exactly do we make our hair grow faster?
We know we have said a lot but if you have read this far, we appreciate you taking your time to read this. Thankfully, this part is short.
If you want your hair to grow faster and or regrow bald spots you need a hair stimulant that will do these 3 things.
- Stimulate your scalp blood-flow. Increased blood-flow will forcibly make your brain produce more hair growth. Drastically. It is the Catagen Phase that stops our hair from growing. The catagen phase is responsible for detaching the hair follicle from your body’s blood supply eliminating hair growth. Will more blood-flow your hair will have a significantly longer catagen phase than the 2–3-week average phase for most people. This will result in a much longer hair growth phase. Allowing your hair to grow much longer.
- Nourish your existing hair follicles with nutrients.
- And lastly, you are the hair growth product must contain anti-inflammatory oils such as lavender or tea tree oil. Anti-inflammatory oils are crucial to keeping your hair from falling out due to their ability to their ability to keep hair follicles from becoming inflamed or irritated. Irritated or inflamed hair follicles will result in premature hair loss.
If you found this article helpful, please consider checking out our growth oil. We specifically engineered it to contain ingredients that meet the three criteria above!
Link to check us out: https://hairgrowthco.com/products/10-in-1-hair-growth-oil
I Love your 10 in one hair growth oil. I just ordered the Jumbo bottle and can’t wait for it to arrive! I used all my smaller bottles so I’m ordering the Jumbo size this time!
It sounds like it will work
any of your products sold in hair supply stores
I have been using the Chebe/rice water leave in conditioner for about a month now, I just started using the oil again since I’ve been micro loc; my hair is so full and the length is definitely hanging to the top of my shoulders….I’m going to be consistent with both products and will definitely give an update. I would love to upload before and after pictures.
I love this product, it has restored my faith in my hair to grow back. Beautiful. Full, Thick and strong. To the founders of this product I thank you. Please do not change the formula, or sell your comoany, my philosophy is if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Happy hair don’t care.
My tribute to you